To change the practice of medicine, we first have to change the way we do science.
Patients, doctors, and researchers are all seeking the same thing... answers. But what if the answers don't exist yet? We need science to fill in the gaps, and to help explain the meaning of genetic and metabolic variations. The problem is that it can take years for scientific discoveries to get translated into something useful to the public.
Our mission is to change the way that people work together to solve diseases faster and more efficiently.
The first step is to provide experts with the resources they need to make new observations and test medical hypotheses. By enabling patients to generate and donate their own data, patients become partners in scientific research. Our role is to orchestrate the collection, analysis, and interpretation of various types of biomedical data, to provide hope for answers and faster cures.
- We have a simple process for patients to provide informed consent to participate in research.
- We've negotiated with biotechnology vendors to provide services at deeply discounted rates.
- We help you get blood samples drawn- even at home.
What we do:
- We allow people to access their own raw data and compare their results with other cases.
- We interact with patients to get a better understanding of symptoms.
- We collaborate with doctors to recommend follow-up tests and/or treatments.
- We invite researchers to ask new biomedical questions.
- We allow researchers access to our databanks.
- We insist that new science is published in open access journals.